Monday, October 18, 2010

God Stories

Ok, so this is almost embarrassing how little I update my blog. My last entry was in May, and it's October. You know, I guess it's because I was under the impression that I had to have something truly inspiring and life changing to write about before I made an entry, but really... I've come to the conclusion that is not necessarily true. I think sometimes the every day little incidents that happen on the streets, or in the office, or at home, or amongst a crowd of people- these little interactions and tidbits can sometimes be truly the most inspiring :) Because they are real stories about real people, in the practical- every day life.
We just started a new life group Monday nights for young adults at our church here in Maadi, and one thing that I really enjoy doing are "God stories." When we open up, we each go around the room and just tell one way we saw God through the past week. I LOVE the practical examples of His work. It is so encouraging because you see how His Spirit is STILL working in little ways every day! One of the guys shared about how someone did something to him on the soccer field that made him angry and he wanted to retaliate, but then the Spirit reminded him to "not let the sun go down while you are still angry" and prompted him to go talk to this rival. And he was able to share the love of the Father with this guy. Another friend in life group shared how God had revealed to him this week that it is possible to glorify Himself through the "daily work" he is doing at his job. He's started to see opportunities to build the Kingdom and is getting excited about it.
These are the things that keep renewing my faith. These little things are what remind me that the Holy Spirit is real, living, moving, working, renewing, empowering, comforting, convicting, etc. etc. He isn't passive or stale or uninvolved. He's fresh. And He's always working.
I realize that I need more of Him. I need more focus. I want him to somehow become the fabric of my life- interwoven through every circumstance, conversation, and life experience.
So anyway, I hope to be better at just communicating little God stories to you whenever I can. :) I hope it will be encouraging for you.

No comments:

Post a Comment